The Friends of Greenhead Park is an independent voluntary group that works in partnership with Kirklees Council and others to ensure that our park is safe, attractive and well-used.
The Friends of Greenhead Park:
- encourage everyone, young and old, to use, value and look after the park
- provide a recognised channel through which users of the park are involved in decisions made about the park
- work for practical improvements to the park to ensure that it is a safe place with appropriate amenities
Why not join us?
By joining the Friends of Greenhead Park you can:
- Show your support for the park
- Keep in touch with developments and activities
- Have a say in future plans for the park
- Contribute to making the park attractive and well-used
As a member you will:
- Receive regular information about park issues, events and activities
- Have the chance to comment on key issues relating to the park
- Be invited to open meetings and social events organised by the Friends
- Have an opportunity to help plan and organise projects and activities
- Have a vote at the Annual General Meeting and help elect the committee
- Be able to stand for election to the committee
To join, just fill in and return the attached membership application form. There is a one-off membership fee of £5, payable when you join and this covers all members at one address.
The Friends of Greenhead Park is run by a committee elected each year at our Annual General Meeting in March. Anyone can come to the AGM but only members can vote or stand for election to the committee.
Committee meetings are held in the Pavilion by the bowling greens on the first Tuesday of the month at 7 pm. We are regularly joined by key park staff and any member of the Friends of Greenhead Park is welcome to come along.
Current committee members elected at our AGM on 18 March 2017 are:
- Chair: Helen Claydon
- Vice Chair: Paul Mullany
- Secretary: Jane Griffiths
- Treasurer: Pat Sheard
- Charlie Bartaby
- Helen Bird
- Trevor Brown
- Jane Emery
- Phil Emery
- Keith Hickling
- Glenis Ireland
- Lyn Oliver
- Geoff Ramm
- Graham Tayler
Committee members can be co-opted during the year, so please contact us at any time if you are interested in joining or would like to know more about what’s involved.